Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Friday, April 24, 2015

Moving right along with my new MAC. I had a little set back the second day. I feel so embarrassed, but no one told me there was a on/off button in the back. Even when I called the geek squad at BestBuy. Even brought it into the store. The fellow plugged it in and it went on. I asked what did he do. He said nothing. OK. I pack it up, take it home plug it in and nothing. Drove me nuts. At this point I was to tired to fight and gave up for the night. Next morning I call Apple Support.  She says "do you hear and sounds when you power up?" I said No! what do you mean power up? I thought I was powering up. She said there's a button on the back of the MAC. OMG! you can't imagine how stupid I felt. I had thought it powered up by pushing the little arrow in the upper right hand corner on the keyboard. That's what I use on my MAC Air. 

I've have called Apple support on different issues in the past and they have alway given me the best information. I can't say enough good things about them. I live to far to take their free classes, but if you live close enough I highly recommend taking them.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

New Mac

Tech support arrived early this morning transferring all my stuff. There are still things I have to figure out yet but I think I can manage. Patience, that's what's in order. So far I'm still in the honeymoon stage. There was software I had to buy, Quicken for one. So while I was on Amazon, I figured what the heck, I ordered Adobe Lightroom also. Next I have to get better surge protectors. It seems the ones I have are not very good. Basically they are just fancy looking power strips. 

So that's it for my day. I feel like it was an early Christmas. 

Monday, April 13, 2015

New MAC desktop

I got so tired of battling with my PC and fed up with having to replace it yet again. So today I bit the bullet and bought a MAC. Best Buy geek square is coming tomorrow to make the transfer. 

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Renaissance Quilt

I just picked up the Renaissance quilt from Michael's that I made for a client. OMG! I just love it. It's going to be very hard to hand it over. LOL. Now, I took some photos, but honestly, I don't think they to it justice. First, I had to take it from an angle so that I wouldn't get a flash back.  Here is the best of the shots that I took.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Starfish necklace. (working name)

Don't really have a name for it. But oh, do I love this necklace. It looks so pretty on. Sorry, I should be more modest. But when I create something that puts a smile on my face, I just can't help sounding like I'm bragging. 
I'm thinking I should call it "By the Sea". There is an old song running around in my head. By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea, you and me, you and me, Oh how happy we'll. Silly isn't it. Probably dating myself.  

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Yesterday I received a postcard from the Mancuso show in Savannah. What a nice surprise to see my quilt "My New Neighbors" on the front.  There it is, top right hand corner.                                     
What's interesting is that it was entered into last years show to be judged. The judges comments were that, "they thought the grass in the front of the egret was a after thought since they weren't completely sewn down". Which was of course what I intended to do in the first place. I wanted to add more dimension to it. But that's ok. This year it's part of exhibit of ribbon winners from last years Palmetto Quilt Guild  Show. Bye the way, It won a Blue Ribbon in the PQG show.
Next, I sold my Mermaid Lace Necklace. woo hooo!
So that's what's new today. Tomorrow I will post another necklace that I just finished.

Saturday, March 14, 2015

busy busy busy!

Yes I've been very busy creating. Besides I'm not the greatest writer of blogs. But I do like to share pictures of my work and I'm delighted the you the public seem to like them.

So here's one that I have hanging at the gallery this month.
It's not very big. Just 12" x 12".  I really had fun doing the machine embroidery. The background is one piece of hand dyed fabric by Skydyes.
 This one I finished a couple of weeks ago. Also 12" x 12" but in a gold floating frame. I love these frames, they seem to make small works of art seem more important. Not the best photo, but it will have to do.
This past week I've been beading. Making jewelry and reworking a older necklace that I made some time ago.  The 1st one has a real starfish, some shells and fresh water pearls. I'm still working on it. I'm not planning on selling it because I'm not sure how the starfish will hold up. So I will test drive it first. But Oh! do I like it. So very Hilton Head.
 This black and gold piece was made awhile ago. I had small spacers on the ends of the focal glass bead. I was never really pleased with the way is looked. I tried to find larger ones, but had no luck. So when presented with lemons you must make lemonade. I made my own beaded spacers. 
So that's it for now. There's more news, but I'll leave for another day.