Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Almost finished.


Here is a little quilt that I'm working on. Not very big. Just a 11 1/4 " square. Tried to make it 12" but It just didn't look right. Anyway, I'm a member of SAQA and some of us meet at the Country Quilter once a month. This is a project for that group. We will be having a gallery showing in March at the Mahopac Library. And for once I'm not waiting for the last minute to put something together. Yay, I'm early. All it needs is a backing. I haven't decided whether to put a binding or to do a pillow case backing. Suggestions welcomed. It is a free motion design on hand dyed fabric. The border is dupioni silk. I think it has a definite Oriental favor to it. Another thought. Should I trim it down a little more?

4 comments:

  1. This has a zen quality to it. I would leave it as is. It is lovely. I would keep the edges simple. Maybe a corded edge would frame it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice piece! I think I'd trim it into the longest possible rectangle--like a Japanese scroll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would bring it into a photoshop type program and play around with size and colors for border. There are so many possibilities for this piece. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would look better trimmed down a bit, maybe rectangular as Suzanne said. It's a lovely piece and good for you for being so motivated. I haven't even started mine.

    ReplyDelete