Sunday, September 20, 2009
I belong to a SAQA group that meets once a month. This summer the group had a challenge to make 4" square mini quilts to swap. I didn't participate because I really haven't felt inspired. I also didn't want to make 30 four inch squares....LOL....However, I will be swapping with 3 of my friends. I have finally gotten inspired and started my project. I chose to do some foto transfer methods that I learned in a Lesley Riley class. So the first thing I did was to go online and gathered four pictures of DaVinci's paintings and sketches. These were printed on inexpensive photo paper. Then cut apart.
I then transferred them on to white muslin. First I sprayed the fabric with water. Just to dampen it. Not soaked. Then I sprayed the picture, flipped it over on the the fabric and burnished it. First on the back and the on the front. Then very gently lifted the photo to see if the transfer was made. They came out pretty good. I'm pleased. I will post again tomorrow with the next steps.