Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Monday, January 23, 2012

FANE gallery show for 2012

Every year the FiberArt NE aka FANE group, of which I belong, has a gallery show at the Mahopac Library. This will be our 4th year. The show will be in May and will coincide with Northern Star's   quilt show. Which is always the 1st weekend in May. The gallery show on the other hand will run for a month. I'm not sure of the exact dates.  The last couple of years we have had a little book printed with our work. This year It was decided to print a tutorial on the technique's used to create some of the pieces.
It should be very interesting to see. I'm afraid I never got around to make up a technique sheet so my quilt won't have a how to page. That's because until a couple of days ago I had know idea what I was going to do. And so missed the deadline.All the quilts will be 12" x 12" mounted on a 18" x 18" white canvas.

People always ask "How long did it take you"...How do you answer that? Does thinking about it for several months count? Spending hours going through photos for inspiration count?  Bye the way this was inspire by a rug at the Winn Hotel in Vegas. Once I've decided on what to do, the actual work zips along at a pretty fast pace. Especially, if I like how its coming out. This time, I decided to incorporate my love beads into the piece. So this little puppy here took about 3-4 days. Now I need a name. God, how I hate trying to think of a name...Ughhhhh!





5 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Maxine, with your usual impeccable workmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I really like the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that, it's so sweet and such lovely bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Mac. It was lots fun to do. I love doing these little pieces. And this one really made me smile when it was finished. Not everyone does that. Sometimes your just relieved its finished. LOL.....

      Delete
  4. This is looking so beautiful, It's really nicely designed.
    Actual Exams

    ReplyDelete