Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Nature's Bounty





Wow, I can't believe I'm back from South Carolina a month already. We've been very busy here getting the house ready for Sale. But I did make time to finish a quilt that I had started a few years ago. Well, maybe a little more then a few years...LOL...Anyway, it is finished. This is the 1st time I ever did the big stitch instead  of the standard hand quilting stitch. But I needed to finish it quickly so that it can go into the Northern Star quilters Show in May. It's funny but when I was working on it, I didn't like it. I can see all my mistakes. That's what happens when you have your nose into it. I even thought of taking my name off it and calling it anonymous. Now that I'm over myself, and standing back, It's not really that bad. I don't expect any ribbons, but that's OK....Bye the way, the blocks were from Gabrielle Swains book "From the quilters' Garden"

3 comments:

  1. CIAO!!!! In my blog, there is a surprise for you. HAPPY EASTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My! That quilt is very beautiful! My mom just got into making quilts, and I'm beginning to get interested myself. Being a "crafty" person, I don't know that I need yet another new craft to clutter up my space!
    You are inspiring though!
    Rebecca

    -
    rebeccaofsunnyhillfarm.blogspot.com

    --
    I'm an associated content writer! You can view my articles at:
    http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/808088/rebecca_tero.html

    --
    I have an Etsy Shop. Please take a look, and feel free to leave suggestions!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/KTnGirlsBitsnPieces?ref=si_shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely work! Chloe x

    www.bloominfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete