Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Studio Tour

In 6 days I will be in my 1st Studio Tour. Let me back track. Since I moved here to Hilton Head SC, I've joined a couple of groups. One of which is the Artist Association of Hilton Head Plantation. I'm the only quilter/fiber artist in the group,which consists mostly painters and some jewelry makers. This will be our 1st Studio Tour and we are all excited with hopes that it will be successful. So the last couple of weeks I've been working very hard getting ready for it. I even went so far as to finish some of my UFO's and a small quilt that I started in a class with Laura Wasilowski and now I'm a graduate of the Chicago School of fusing. LOL


A couple of years ago, I also took a class with Freda Anderson, who also teaches the same techniques in fusing as Laura. I finally finished that quilt.

 I can't remember when I took Esterita Austin's class, as it was sometime ago. I would love to take another class with her. I really admirer her work, especially her portrayal of people.


So after working these quilts, I decided it was time to switch to jewelry. First, I made a necklace, but I really didn't care for how it turned out. So I took it apart. I did make two pairs of earrings, each very different from each other. 



Now, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment