Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

3 weeks in Venice part 2


I think I have to clarify that picture I posted of the lace, in the previous post, was not made by me. But by my teacher. The new picture is of my Lily....

Saturday we went to Murano. It rained but that didn't stop us from buying beads. Lots of beads. We had lunch in a nice trattoria. Every enjoyable. Sunday we had a class. Monday we went on a walking tour with a Fiona our guide. She took us to S.Maria Glorirosa dei Frari. Fabulous church and a diffident must see. There are several large sculptures but the best is the triptych of Madonna and child w/saints and angels by Bellini. And the Assumption of Mary by Titian. Both are spectacular....On the way we took a treghetti. This is a gondola that takes you across the canal. It is very reasonable. Probably the best buy in Venice. Only .50cent euro. The catch is you have to stand up. It's like riding in the subway without having a strap to hang on to...LOL I love it...Fiona never warned us about the boat ride. Which was probably wise. No time of freak out.

When my husband arrived, a couple of days later, Had to take him over S.Toma for a treghetti ride....This time we even had singing...LOL And they were yelling back and forth at each other. Don't know what they were saying, but who cares. It's what makes a trip..Wish I could share the sounds with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment