Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Corfu & Katakolon, Greece

Corfu, June 1, 2009

Today we are in Corfu…Again we are tendered into the port. Except, everything was much faster, when compared to our trip into Dubrovnik. We walked into town (1 mile). Wandered through downtown and then finally found the Old Town which was very nice. We ate at a local restaurant (gyros – very good). The guys had the local beer (Mythos) which they enjoyed. The day was overcast. Temp. 73f.and humid. It rained for about 1 1/2 hr while we were in the restaurant. That was the only rain we had for the entire trip. We walked around some more. Looked at all the beautiful jewelry, and let me tell you, there were some really gorgeous gold jewelry. I didn’t buy any, but I did get a pair of sneakers. I had forgotten to bring mine. Oh and what a relief it was to put my poor achy footsie into my new sneakers. Ladies let me tell you “ Fashion stops at the ankles”. When on vacation nobody is going to notice what kind of shoes you're wearing, and if they do who cares. You'll never see them again…LOL

Then it was back to the ship at 4:15..

Tonight we had a lovely dinner in the DaVinci Restaurant. Enjoyed one of the bottles of red wine that Gail had arranged to get for us. None of us are real drinkers so the one bottle was enough. Jim had his usual beer.

After the dinner we went to the theater and saw "The Reader". Starring Kate Winslet. Excellent movie. I can see why she won the Oscar.


Katakolon June 2, 2009

I had originally thought we would take the train to Olympia. But that didn’t work out. There aren’t that many trains running from the port. 2 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. We just didn’t want to take a chance on missing our ship. I can just see us at the port waving good bye to our ship….no, no, no. Not a good idea. So we just walked around for a couple hours and then went back to the ship for lunch and a little relaxation. I went to a computer talk on photoshop element 6. Most of it I already new but I did get a couple of tips. Tonight is Captains night. There were 2 really dress up nights on a cruise and this was the first one. So everyone gets gussyed up. And at 7:30 went midship for champagne & photos. They take a hold bunch of posed shots and you hope they come out half way decent. This is the first time I bought one of the pictures. Usually they are so awful and want to cry. "Do I really look that bad" If so where's the oven I want to stick my head inside...LOL So I was happy to finally get a picture that wasn't half bad. A nice group picture to remember our time together.

After dinner we changed and went to see another movie "Taken" with Liam Neeson. Instead of the theater it was under the stars. Predicable but a fun action movie. They give you blankets and popcorn, what more can you ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment