Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Friday, June 5, 2009

Venice May 26 - 30, 2009

May 26, 2009 – Today we left for our Greek Island Cruise. Our fellow travelers are my Sister-in-Law Fran & My Brother-in-Law Jim and long time Friends Gail & Larry.

This is the 2nd trip together. The last one was 2 years ago to Italy.

This year we are taking a Princess cruise from Venice to Dubrovnik, Corfu, Greece, Katakolon(Olympia)Greece, Athens, Mykonos, Kusadasi (Ephesus)Turkey, Rhodes, Santorini, at sea, Naples Italy, and then in Rome to disembark……I need to get my Italian fix. Hence the Venice to Rome's portion of the trip.

We arrived in Venice on the 27th and took the alilaguna to Fte. Nove and made our way to Ca’D’ Oro hotel. A lovely place in the Cannareggio section of Venice. Very charming and friendly place in a less touristy area. The last time Tom and I were here was a year and a half ago for 3 weeks. What amazes me is how my husband remembers how to get around. I think he looked at the map maybe twice. He found the Hotel in no time at all. And of course took us all around.

We had 3 wonderful days in Venice. We ate at several nice restaurants. One of the restaurants’ that we had dinner at was Trattoria da Gianni. We liked it so much that we ate there twice. Had lunch at a couple of others but sorry I can’t remember the names. Just want to say that there were no complaints.

However, now I’m going to jump ahead. Today is Saturday May 30. First I have to say, I’ve been on a few cruises before, and all the port leavings, although nice, does not compare to the sailing from Venice. You have to picture this. The sun is shining and it’s a beautiful clear day. The music is playing Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman singing “Time to say Goodbye, and Venice slowly slipping away. I wish I could express this overwhelming feeling. Tears just kept coming. It was so sad but still so beautiful.

Pictures to follow when I have better wifi service.......

No comments:

Post a Comment