Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sisterhood of the Traveling Scarves - Rome 2010

Here we are in the Piazza in front of the Pantheon. And what a time we had. On this night we were celebrating the up coming marriage of Katina. Meeting up with my online Sisters was a real treat for me. Now we are all home and wishing we were back in that fabulous city called Rome.
I have been to Rome several times and each time find something new to see and new restaurants to eat at. On this trip I was able to see the Caravaggio Exhibit, which I have to say was fantastic. We weren't able to reserve tickets but it was still worth lining up and waiting 20 minutes to get in. On another day several of us took the ArcheoBus out on to the Appian Way to the CatacombsLook at that Road. Ancient Roman soldiers walked down that road. On June 5, 1944 General Mark Clark of the US 5th Army walked down this road and into Rome. Aside for all the history. And you can get overwhelmed with it all. It was so peaceful out there. Considering it was March the weather was beautiful. We spent a good part of the day there and had a pleasant lunch at a outdoor cafe.
Oh yes, Tom was there also.....LOL.....I could never go to Italy without my husband. He Loves Italy as much as I do. It wouldn't fair....
Dinner at La Cisterna
A day trip to Ostia Antica. We took a tour of the Castle that is across the way from the ancient site.

That's it for now. There is more to come.

1 comment:

  1. You look so glamorous in your red dress! You must have had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete