Friday, June 4, 2010
As you can see I have added the next ring, and pinned it to a midnight blue batik. After I did this, I didn't like the black ring around the couple any longer. So I did a mark up with the same batik as the outer ring, leaving a 1/4" of black showing. I can either take out the black ring all together, or I will do a reverse applique.
Now for the 4 corners. I had made some mosaic squares but to be honest it looked a bit to much. I did have a suggestion from 2 friends, and it sounded like it might work. That is to quilt the mosaic designs into the 4 corners using variegated thread. Or I can applique something into each corner.
I have been asked by a few friends if I was making this for anything in particular. I will like to enter it in a show sometime but I haven't any in mind at the moment. I just want to do my best work without any pressure of a show deadline or size.