Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Monday, March 21, 2011

il Latini restaurant



I can't believe I ate the whole thing....Oh! did I forget to tell you? We're in Florence....We left Venice on Friday. But I'll get back to that Dopo (later)...see enough wine and I can speak Italian...LOL...Anyway back to Il Latini. this restaurant was recommended by a couple we met in Venice. Well let me tell you it is quite an experience.  I have never eaten some much in my life.  OH WHY DID I DO THAT...First you must make a reservation. We had ours for 7:30. Everyone who has the 7:30 res meets outside the restaurant and waits for them to open.  Then there is a crush to get in. You are seated at a group table from 4 to 8 people. First they bring out the prosciutto, then crostini with a little chop liver, after that mozzarella and tomato. Then there is the pasta course. We had bolognese  e  penne. Than we had Tuscan steak enough to choke a horse with roasted potatoes to die for. My husband makes  great roasted to potatoes .But I had to tell him that these were better...and then spinach....Of course there is a nice Chianti, some Vin Sante with biscotti and a desert wine. Oh, I almost forgot, desert. panna cotti...Would somebody please burp me....                                             


Not everyone has arrived yet.... We had fun, but I don't think I would do that again...Way to much food for me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment